Prayer that changes our community.
Imagine with me, a people transformed by the Lord Jesus. What does that look like? Instead of doom and gloom, there is now hope in the hearts of people. Instead of uncertainties, there is deep seated security because people are anchored in the God of stability. Instead of being at a loss in life or running a meaningless rat race, there is that sense of steadfast purpose because people have now realised their value, significance and destiny in God. Such are just a couple of examples of an unending list of possibilities of godly transformation that can occur in our community.
What does it start with? Let’s go back to the Bible in 2 Chro 7:14 “If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land”
What’s required of us then? If we would humble ourselves, come and stand in the gap on behalf of the people in our community. If we would capture God’s heart for our community, turn to Him in earnest prayer. If we would identify with the plight of our community and make it a priority to reach out to them in prayer, with the Gospel and be Jesus’ hands and feet.
Here are just a couple of pointers to bring the touch of Jesus into the lives of those we encounter on a daily basis:
- Be aware of the needy world around you. Enter each day with a desire to minister the life of Jesus to others in some way.
- Ask God for guidance, and learn to listen and wait on the Holy Spirit.
- Go forth in faith, and ask individuals if you can pray for them. People are more willing for us to pray for them than we realise. When we go out willingly to pray for others, God sees our faith. These little steps of faith are like seeds that will bring forth a large harvest in due season. Even simple deeds of kindness go a long way in touching people’s hearts!
- Realise the spiritual need is at the core of the problem. Many times physical and emotional problems may be inter-connected to the spiritual realm.
- Keep your motives pure, making sure God gets the glory.
Let us rise up as His people and begin!
Can I also implore you to continue to intercede for our family of churches under the care of Ps Wilson and Ps James? Your prayer cover will be deeply appreciated as we call out to the Lord for His favour over our churches in North America, Philippines, Thailand and Myanmar. Check out the prayer points here.
Praying for and with you, blessings,
Ps Lai Ling